I, the Volunteer, desire to work as a volunteer for Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer for a work project.
I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Rock CF Foundation and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with the Rock CF Foundation.
I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver discharges the Rock CF Foundation from any liability or claim that I, the Volunteer, may have against Rock CF with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on the Habitat work site. I also understand that the Rock CF Foundation does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. I, the Volunteer, understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Rock CF beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of Rock CF in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge Rock CF from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with Rock CF.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I understand that my time with Rock CF may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, construction activities, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, and local transportation to and from the work sites. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release Rock CF from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with Rock CF.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto Rock CF all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Rock CF and the PBC, the official Race Photographers during my work for Rock CF, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6.Other. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Michigan in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.